WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS MODULE:
- The Basics of Photography and the Camera – The perfect introduction to the joy of photography. Get to know your camera. Move from Auto mode to the creative modes on your camera. Understand exposure and the three settings which affect it: ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture. We will also address, White Balance, Focus and Depth of Field.
- The Basics of Lenses and Camera Maintenance – Learn the creative magic locked up in lens choices and how to look after your gear.
- The Basics of Light – A thorough understanding of light is crucial to great photography. You will learn everything about light sources, the characteristics of light, be introduced to camera flash and try your hand at painting with light.
- The Basics of Flash Photography – Learn the working of a flash unit in TTL and Manual Flash mode as well as how to achieve perfect exposure.
- The Basics of Composition – Learn the art of seeing good images and how to use design elements to build compositions. We will teach you how to use the Rule of Thirds and power points to compose better images. Then, how to break the rules as well as how to use the exceptions to the rules in order to add impact to your images.
- Digital workflow in Adobe Lightroom.
- Basics of retouching in Adobe Photoshop.
N4 Gateway Industrial Park East
Photowise (Pty) Ltd
49 Sneeuberg Street, Unit 3
Willow Park Manor, 0184
SCHEDULE FOR SEMESTER 1:
Monday to Friday
6 February – 10 February 2017
Time: 09:00am – 17:00pm
Please contact us for information on alternative dates: email@example.com